COLUMBIA, SC – Sowell Gray Robinson Stepp & Laffitte, LLC attorney Ben Gooding has been elected to the South Carolina Wildlife Federation’s board of directors.
The Federation, formed in 1931, promotes effective habitat conservation and respect for outdoor traditions through statewide leadership, education, advocacy and partnerships.
“I’ve been an avid hunter and fisherman for as long as I can remember,” says Gooding. “Some of my favorite memories are in the woods or on the water. I am proud to be a part of an organization devoted to maintaining and preserving our state’s natural resources so that the next generation can make memories of their own.”
Ben focuses his law practice in the areas of appellate advocacy, professional negligence and commercial litigation. He is a member of the South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division and has served on the backpack drive committee the past two years. Ben is also on the board of directors of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Columbia.
Before joining Sowell Gray Robinson, Ben completed a judicial clerkship with the Honorable H. Bruce Williams of the South Carolina Court of Appeals. He graduated cum laude from the University of South Carolina School of Law where he served as research editor of the South Carolina Law Review and was a member of the law school’s honor societies, the Order of the Wig and Robe and the Order of the Coif. He graduated magna cum laude from the University of Georgia’s Terry College of Business earning his undergraduate degree in Finance.
About Sowell Gray Robinson
After 20 years of practice, Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, is proud to merge with the century-old Robinson McFadden & Moore, PC. We are now Sowell Gray Robinson Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, a South Carolina law firm that offers a tailored, hands-on approach, focusing on Litigation + Business.
- Haigler named to The State’s ’20 under 40’ class of 2018
- Montgomery invited to join International Association of Defense Counsel
- Sowell Gray Robinson attorneys write new book on legal malpractice in SC
- Haigler and Tyson named honorees for Leadership in Law Awards
- Attorney Sam Wellborn joins Sowell Gray Robinson
- Jordan, Richardson named members of Sowell Gray Robinson
- SC Bar Foundation honors Betsy Gray with DuRant award
- Meritas Board Meeting in Germany