COLUMBIA, SC – Robinson McFadden is pleased to announce that R. William (“Bill”) Metzger has been elected to a 3 year term to the Board of Directors and named Chair of the U.S. Leadership Committee of Meritas, a world-wide affiliation of commercial law firms with nearly 7,200 lawyers located in 176 firms in 234 global markets.
Having served on the Strategic Planning Committee of Meritas in 2014, Metzger was instrumental in developing the 5 year strategic plan of Meritas and continues the work of the strategic plan through his Board involvement. Metzger has previously served as Chair of the Creditors Rights and Bankruptcy Section of Meritas and also served a previous term on the Board of Directors from 2000-2005, which included 3 years on the Executive Committee as a Vice-Chairman. Tanna Moore, Meritas President & CEO says, “Bill has been integral to the development of Meritas as one of the leading networks of law firms worldwide. I am thrilled to have him back on our Board.”
Robinson McFadden has been a member of Meritas since the early 1900’s and is the only South Carolina member of Meritas.
For more information on Meritas visit meritas.org.
- Haigler named to The State’s ’20 under 40’ class of 2018
- Montgomery invited to join International Association of Defense Counsel
- Sowell Gray Robinson attorneys write new book on legal malpractice in SC
- Haigler and Tyson named honorees for Leadership in Law Awards
- Attorney Sam Wellborn joins Sowell Gray Robinson
- Jordan, Richardson named members of Sowell Gray Robinson
- SC Bar Foundation honors Betsy Gray with DuRant award
- Meritas Board Meeting in Germany