COLUMBIA, S.C. – Sowell Gray Robinson member Nick Haigler has been named by The State newspaper to its “20 under 40” class for 2018, recognizing him as one of the truly remarkable young professionals in the Midlands.
Nick is the leader of the firm’s workers’ compensation team. He is a 2002 graduate of Presbyterian College, and graduated from Mississippi College School of Law in 2007.
“I have known Nick for almost 20 years,” said Cal Watson, managing member at Sowell Gray Robinson. “He came to this firm as a runner in the summer of 1999 when he was a student and soccer player at Presbyterian College. We recognized that he was special then, but none of us knew where life would take Nick.”
Nick came back to the firm as an attorney after law school. “We were fortunate he chose us and continue to be fortunate to have him,” Watson added. “His clients love him, and we appreciate his hard work for them and this firm.”
Of his work as a workers’ compensation attorney, Nick told the newspaper, “I have always been driven by the idea of providing passionate counsel and advocacy for my clients. The workers’ compensation arena provides me with that opportunity while also providing me with the chance to represent both large corporations and small businesses, working with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.”
Nick and his wife, Lauren, have two children – Eliza, 6; and Mollie, 4.
For more information on Nick and the other “20 Under 40” nominees, see the article in The State.
- Rob Tyson named Lawyer of the Year for 2018 by S.C. Lawyers Weekly
- Haigler named to The State’s ’20 under 40’ class of 2018
- Montgomery invited to join International Association of Defense Counsel
- Sowell Gray Robinson attorneys write new book on legal malpractice in SC
- Haigler and Tyson named honorees for Leadership in Law Awards
- Attorney Sam Wellborn joins Sowell Gray Robinson
- Jordan, Richardson named members of Sowell Gray Robinson
- SC Bar Foundation honors Betsy Gray with DuRant award