US Supreme Court Holds 28 North Carolina state House and Senate districts are Racially Gerrymandered
By Rob Tyson In North Carolina v. Covington, the United State Supreme Court upheld the three-judge panel decision that 28 of North Carolina state House of Representative and Senate districts were drawn as racial gerrymanders in violation of the equal protection clause. However, the Supreme Court reversed the district court ruling ordering newly drawn districts […]
By Roland Franklin and Rob Tyson A recent United States Supreme Court decision significantly impacts redistricting litigation. In Alabama Legislative Black Caucus v. Alabama, No. 13-895 (slip op.) (Mar. 25, 2015), the Alabama Legislative Black Caucus (“Caucus”) and the Alabama Democratic Conference (“Conference”) challenged the lawfulness of Alabama’s 2012 redistricting plans. According to the Caucus […]
Tiffany Hendricks to Chair Supreme Court of South Carolina Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization
Congratulations to Tiffany Hendricks! She has been appointed Chairman of the Supreme Court of South Carolina Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization.
Bobby Stepp represented House Speaker Bobby Harrell in the Supreme Court on Wednesday. Click here to read an article published in The State Newspaper discussing the case.
- Partisan Gerrymandering – Analysis of Politically Drafted Plan Takes Center Stage
- Sowell Gray member Betsy Gray has been elected chair of the Board of Trustees for the Still Hopes Episcopal Retirement Community.
- Sowell Gray Robinson welcomes Meredith Ross as a new associate
- Chambers USA Names Sowell Gray Robinson Band 1 In 2017 Directory
- Jasmine Smith receives President’s Award from South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division
- Gone, But (Hopefully) Not Forgotten: Rule 1.9(a) and an Attorney’s Duty to a Former Client
- Notice Of Appeal: Now What? Tips for Your First Time in a South Carolina Appellate Court
- Twelve Sowell Gray Robinson Lawyers Recognized as 2017 South Carolina Super Lawyers and Rising Stars