COLUMBIA, SOUTH CAROLINA – Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, and Robinson, McFadden and Moore, PC, two law firms with established reputations for excellence and commitment to corporate, insurance and business clients, merged their two firms as of January 1, 2017.
Sowell Gray Robinson Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, will combine the strengths of the individual firms in focusing on litigation, counseling, regulatory, corporate, financial services and bankruptcy law.
Both firms have deep roots in the community. Sowell Gray celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2016 . Robinson McFadden has a century-long history as one of South Carolina’s premier law firms.
The merger creates a firm of 29 attorneys, many with long histories of recognition from their peers and established reputations in the legal and business communities. The group includes experienced litigators as well as trusted advisors to businesses, both large and small, local and global, in regulatory and transactional matters.
“We look forward to offering clients the synergies of our two firms, giving them deeper resources with enhanced responsiveness and efficiency,” said Cal Watson, managing partner of Sowell Gray.
“Our commitment to clients is stronger than ever,” said Kevin K. Bell, managing partner with Robinson McFadden. “Being a trusted counselor, providing value and exceptional service, will continue to be our driving principle.”
With the formation of Sowell Gray Robinson Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, clients of both firms will be able to take advantage of new strengths and broader capabilities. The attorneys’ diverse backgrounds, education and legal experience will allow them to better serve a multitude of businesses.
Combining the firms also enables clients to take advantage of the lean efficiency of a single firm capable of serving a wide range of legal needs throughout South Carolina, whether it’s a contract for a corporate merger, a tailored approach to litigation or counseling clients on steps to avoid potential legal difficulties. The firm will be the only law firm in South Carolina that is a member of Meritas, a global affiliation of commercial law firms.
- Founded in 1990
- Invitation-only alliance network
- 7,000+ attorneys
- 239 global markets
- 83 countries
- Jasmine Smith receives President’s Award from South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division
- Gone, But (Hopefully) Not Forgotten: Rule 1.9(a) and an Attorney’s Duty to a Former Client
- Notice Of Appeal: Now What? Tips for Your First Time in a South Carolina Appellate Court
- Twelve Sowell Gray Robinson Lawyers Recognized as 2017 South Carolina Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Sowell Gray Robinson attorney Ben Gooding elected to South Carolina Wildlife Federation Board of Directors
- Sowell Gray Robinson Attorney Beth Richardson Named Honoree for Leadership in Law Awards
- Sowell Gray Robinson and Members Recognized in 2017 Edition of Chambers USA
- Sowell Gray Robinson Joins Meritas, a Global Alliance of Independent Business Law Firms