COLUMBIA, SC – Sowell Gray Robinson Stepp & Laffitte, LLC a Columbia-based law firm, announced that it has been invited to join Meritas, a global alliance of independent business law firms. The affiliation offers Sowell Gray Robinson access to over 7,450 lawyers in 240 global markets. The firm’s clients will benefit from local legal insight, local rates and world-class client service. Sowell Gray Robinson will be the only law firm in South Carolina that is a member of Meritas.
“With companies increasingly doing business internationally, seamless legal representation on a global scale is vital,” said managing member, Cal Watson. Through Meritas, we are able to offer our clients in-depth knowledge of cultural and jurisdictional issues in all of the major markets around the world. Meritas offers us peace of mind that our clients’ legal needs will be met with the same commitment to quality, professionalism and value on which we pride ourselves.”
Meritas is the only law firm alliance with an established and comprehensive means of monitoring and enhancing the quality of its member firms. Meritas membership is extended by invitation only, and firms are regularly assessed for the breadth of their practice expertise and client satisfaction. Only firms performing under the tenets of Meritas’ unique Quality Assurance Program are recertified as members. This ensures that clients receive the same high quality legal work and service from every Meritas firm.
“All Meritas member firms share a positive, consultative approach to business and a commitment to excellent client service,” said Tanna Moore, president and CEO of Meritas. “Businesses around the world will benefit from Sowell Gray Robinson’s partner-level expertise, personal service and collaborative, customized business approach.”
For more information about Sowell Gray Robinson’s capabilities and the benefits of its membership in Meritas, visit sowellgray.com or call 803.929.1400.
About Sowell Gray Robinson
After 20 years of practice, Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, is proud to merge with the century-old Robinson McFadden & Moore, PC. We are now Sowell Gray Robinson Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, a South Carolina law firm that offers a tailored, hands-on approach, focusing on Litigation + Business.
Founded in 1990, Meritas is an international alliance of commercial law firms working across jurisdictions to provide clients the best of both worlds: a local legal partner with full service capabilities and the cost efficiency and personal attention unmatched by mega law firms. Each member law firm is required to adhere to rigorous and specific service standards on a regular basis. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Meritas has member firms in 240 global markets and 7,453 lawyers. To find a Meritas law firm or for more information, visit meritas.org or call 612-339-8680.
- Jasmine Smith receives President’s Award from South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division
- Gone, But (Hopefully) Not Forgotten: Rule 1.9(a) and an Attorney’s Duty to a Former Client
- Notice Of Appeal: Now What? Tips for Your First Time in a South Carolina Appellate Court
- Twelve Sowell Gray Robinson Lawyers Recognized as 2017 South Carolina Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Sowell Gray Robinson attorney Ben Gooding elected to South Carolina Wildlife Federation Board of Directors
- Sowell Gray Robinson Attorney Beth Richardson Named Honoree for Leadership in Law Awards
- Sowell Gray Robinson and Members Recognized in 2017 Edition of Chambers USA
- Sowell Gray Robinson Joins Meritas, a Global Alliance of Independent Business Law Firms