COLUMBIA – Sowell Gray Robinson Stepp & Laffitte, LLC is pleased to announce Beth B. Richardson has been named an honoree for the 2017 South Carolina Lawyers Weekly Leadership in Law Awards.
This award honors outstanding members of South Carolina’s legal community who work to better the legal profession through mentoring and involvement within their community. The award will be presented Friday, March 24, 2017 in Charleston, SC.
Beth is special counsel at Sowell Gray Robinson where she leads the firm’s appellate advocacy group, and represents clients involved in business disputes, professional malpractice matters, and False Claims Act litigation.
She has frequently appeared as an invited speaker on False Claims Act litigation at continuing legal education programs, and in conjunction with the SC Bar, has recorded a video on her experience arguing before the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, also available for continuing legal education credits.
Beth is the secretary of the South Carolina Federal Bar Association and is a member of the U.S. District Court Local Rules Advisory Committee, South Carolina Women Lawyers Association, and American Bar Association. She also serves on the board of directors of New Morning Foundation, East Point Academy, Central Carolina Community Foundation, and WREN (Women’s Rights and Empowerment Network).
Prior to joining Sowell Gray Robinson, Beth served as an adjunct professor in Advanced Legal Writing at the University of South Carolina School of Law, and clerked on the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and for the United States District Court for the District of South Carolina. She earned her Juris Doctor degree from Washington University School of Law in St. Louis, where she served as Editor in Chief of the Law Review and was the National Association of Women Lawyers Outstanding Law Graduate. She received her Bachelor’s degree in women’s studies from Duke University.
About Sowell Gray Robinson
After 20 years of practice, Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, is proud to merge with the century-old Robinson McFadden & Moore, PC. We are now Sowell Gray Robinson Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, a South Carolina law firm that offers a tailored, hands-on approach, focusing on Litigation + Business.
- Chambers USA Names Sowell Gray Robinson Band 1 In 2017 Directory
- Jasmine Smith receives President’s Award from South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division
- Gone, But (Hopefully) Not Forgotten: Rule 1.9(a) and an Attorney’s Duty to a Former Client
- Notice Of Appeal: Now What? Tips for Your First Time in a South Carolina Appellate Court
- Twelve Sowell Gray Robinson Lawyers Recognized as 2017 South Carolina Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Sowell Gray Robinson attorney Ben Gooding elected to South Carolina Wildlife Federation Board of Directors
- Sowell Gray Robinson Attorney Beth Richardson Named Honoree for Leadership in Law Awards
- Sowell Gray Robinson and Members Recognized in 2017 Edition of Chambers USA