Last week, the State of Wisconsin filed an appeal with the United States Supreme Court requesting the Court overturn the ruling that struck down the Wisconsin legislative districts drawn after the 2010 census. In Whitford v. Gill, the court held the legislative districts were unconstitutionally drawn. The court utilized a mathematical analysis to support its ruling that the maps were partisan maps. Partisan gerrymandering, the drawing of legislative districts based on political parties, previously has been upheld by the Supreme Court; however, Whitford might give the court an opportunity to review its prior position and provide further guidance.
For more information, click here for an article from the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Attorney Sam Wellborn joins Sowell Gray Robinson
- Jordan, Richardson named members of Sowell Gray Robinson
- SC Bar Foundation honors Betsy Gray with DuRant award
- Meritas Board Meeting in Germany
- Sowell Gray Robinson named to 2018 Best Law Firms
- Paralegal Kim Woodworth rejoins Sowell Gray Robinson
- Comp Camp 2017
- Dara Carmichael’s 6th Anniversary