Columbia Business Monthly has named Betsy Gray to its 2017 Legal Elite of the Midlands. This recognition honors attorneys in the Midlands whom their peers consider outstanding in their practice area. Ms. Gray, a member at Sowell Gray Robinson law firm in Columbia, was named to the honor in the category of Business Litigation. This […]
Earlier this summer, the United States Supreme Court agreed to hear Gill v. Whitford, a challenge to the Wisconsin legislative redistricting plans. A divided three-judge panel held the Wisconsin plan was a result of partisan gerrymandering which was a violation of the Constitution’s 1st amendment. The Supreme Court has not ruled on a partisan gerrymandering […]
Sowell Gray member Betsy Gray has been elected chair of the Board of Trustees for the Still Hopes Episcopal Retirement Community.
COLUMBIA, S.C. – Sowell Gray Robinson Stepp & Laffitte, LLC is pleased to announce member Betsy Gray has been elected chair of the Board of Trustees for the Still Hopes Episcopal Retirement Community. Gray is a practicing attorney and past president of the South Carolina Bar. She has been recognized by many groups for her […]
COLUMBIA – Sowell Gray Robinson Stepp & Laffitte, LLC is pleased to announce that attorney Meredith Ross has joined the firm as a new attorney. Meredith graduated from the University of South Carolina (USC) Honors College in 2010 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science. She earned a master’s degree in elementary education from […]
The Supreme Court continues to jump head-first into the world of redistricting. On June 19, 2017, the Court agreed to hear an appeal by the State of Wisconsin to the three-judge district court panel ruling which threw out the state’s legislative districts drawn after the 2010 census. A divided three-judge panel held the Wisconsin plan […]
- Paul Hoefer named to John Belton O’Neall American Inn of Court
- Sowell Gray Robinson is pleased to welcome new associate Molly McDonald
- New employee at Sowell Gray Robinson
- 14 Sowell Gray Robinson attorneys recognized as Best Lawyers
- Partisan Gerrymandering Case of Gill v. Whitford set for Oral Argument
- Betsy Gray recognized by Columbia Business Monthly
- Partisan Gerrymandering – Analysis of Politically Drafted Plan Takes Center Stage
- Sowell Gray member Betsy Gray has been elected chair of the Board of Trustees for the Still Hopes Episcopal Retirement Community.