Michael Montgomery, an attorney with Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC since 2008, has become the firm’s newest member.
“Michael’s knowledge, capabilities and commitment to his profession make him an asset, both to our firm and to the legal community,” said managing member Cal Watson. “We are extremely pleased to elect him as a member to our practice.”
A native of Orangeburg, South Carolina, Montgomery earned a bachelor’s degree from Wofford College in 2003 and his law degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 2006, where he was a recipient of the CALI Excellence for the Future Award® for Torts II. Following law school he completed a clerkship with the Honorable Costa M. Pleicones, Associate Justice of the South Carolina Supreme Court. Montgomery is a member of the Project Salute Committee for the Richland County Bar Association, is Social Committee Chair for the John Belton O’Neall American Inn of Court and a member of the Safety, Health and Security Committee of the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce.
“Working with the great people at Sowell Gray makes me a better attorney every day,” Montgomery said. “It’s an honor to become a member and continue the high standards that benefit our clients and the communities we serve.”
His practice at Sowell Gray focuses on premises liability, products liability, automobile accident defense and appellate law.
- Chambers USA Names Sowell Gray Robinson Band 1 In 2017 Directory
- Jasmine Smith receives President’s Award from South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division
- Gone, But (Hopefully) Not Forgotten: Rule 1.9(a) and an Attorney’s Duty to a Former Client
- Notice Of Appeal: Now What? Tips for Your First Time in a South Carolina Appellate Court
- Twelve Sowell Gray Robinson Lawyers Recognized as 2017 South Carolina Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Sowell Gray Robinson attorney Ben Gooding elected to South Carolina Wildlife Federation Board of Directors
- Sowell Gray Robinson Attorney Beth Richardson Named Honoree for Leadership in Law Awards
- Sowell Gray Robinson and Members Recognized in 2017 Edition of Chambers USA