Paul H. Hoefer received the 2015-2016 President’s Award from the Young Lawyers Division (YLD) of the South Carolina Bar, an award given annually to recognize individuals for their dedication to outstanding service and leadership in the organization.
The YLD is a professional service organization comprised of all members of the South Carolina Bar in good standing under 36 years of age, or those admitted to the South Carolina Bar as their first bar within the past five years.
Under Hoefer’s leadership as Chairman of the Division’s Backpack Drive Committee for six years, the event grew from a small, local event, to a large, statewide program that provides backpacks and other school supplies to low-income students throughout the state.
Hoefer is also an active leader within the firm’s Meritas network, a global alliance of legal professionals connecting businesses to the right expertise anywhere in the world. Meritas currently boasts over 7,200 attorneys serving 235 global business markets. Hoefer has served on the Meritas Young Lawyer Advisory Board since 2013 and was named Chairman of the Board for the 2016-2017 term.
Hoefer focuses his practice in the areas of banking, real estate, and creditor’s rights litigation. He routinely represents mortgage banks and lenders, equipment lease and auto financiers, and other financial and real estate entities, investors, and creditors in a variety of matters involving state and federal law.
- Twelve Sowell Gray Robinson Lawyers Recognized as 2017 South Carolina Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Sowell Gray Robinson attorney Ben Gooding elected to South Carolina Wildlife Federation Board of Directors
- Sowell Gray Robinson Attorney Beth Richardson Named Honoree for Leadership in Law Awards
- Sowell Gray Robinson and Members Recognized in 2017 Edition of Chambers USA
- Sowell Gray Robinson Joins Meritas, a Global Alliance of Independent Business Law Firms
- Gibbs Leaphart, Jr. named member of Sowell Gray Robinson
- Providing toys and books to Happy Wheels
- Sowell Gray and Robinson McFadden Merge