20 Years Strong Service Project:
Attorney Betsy Gray
Friday Law Blitz
April 1, 2016
About this project?
Friday Blitz is an event organized by the SC Access to Justice Commission, the SC Bar and the USC School of Law Pro Bono Program, that pairs attorneys with law students to help answer legal questions submitted by low-income members of our community. During the three-hour event, six students from the USC School of Law conducted research and worked with six Sowell Gray attorneys and family law attorney, David Shea, to respond to over fifty questions posted online at SCLawAnswers.org.
How it helped?
The SC Law Answers program helps individuals in the state who meet certain eligibility requirements to receive free legal advice using an easy-to-use online program. This program also gave the law students the opportunity to address real world questions and learn from our experienced attorneys.
Why was it important to you?
As a past president of the SC Bar, I believe in the organization’s charitable mission of serving those who are unable to afford representation. This event was important to me on many levels. We were able to mentor these students while also helping members of our community with their legal questions. It was extremely gratifying.
Watch the Sowell Gray SC Strong Video
- New employee at Sowell Gray Robinson
- 14 Sowell Gray Robinson attorneys recognized as Best Lawyers
- Partisan Gerrymandering Case of Gill v. Whitford set for Oral Argument
- Betsy Gray recognized by Columbia Business Monthly
- Partisan Gerrymandering – Analysis of Politically Drafted Plan Takes Center Stage
- Sowell Gray member Betsy Gray has been elected chair of the Board of Trustees for the Still Hopes Episcopal Retirement Community.
- Sowell Gray Robinson welcomes Meredith Ross as a new associate
- Chambers USA Names Sowell Gray Robinson Band 1 In 2017 Directory