COLUMBIA, SC – Sowell Gray Robinson Stepp & Laffitte, LLC is pleased to announce B. Gibbs Leaphart, Jr., has become the firm’s newest member.
A native of Greenville, South Carolina, Gibbs graduated cum laude from Wofford College in 1997, receiving his bachelor’s degree in government. In 2004, he received his Juris Doctor degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law. Following law school graduation, Gibbs served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Thomas W. Cooper, Jr. of the Third Judicial Circuit of South Carolina.
“Gibbs joined our firm in 2005, and has been a valuable member of our workers’ compensation team ever since,” said managing member Cal Watson. “We are pleased to elect him a member of our new firm, Sowell Gray Robinson Stepp & Laffitte, LLC. Coupled with our merger, 2017 is going to be a very exciting year for us.”
Gibbs is a member of the South Carolina Self Insurer’s Association, South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association, and National Workers’ Compensation Defense Network. He is a past recipient of the South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division “Star of the Quarter.”
Gibbs’ practice area at Sowell Gray Robinson focuses on workers’ compensation defense.
When he is not practicing law, Gibbs enjoys spending time with his wife Tara, and their two children Austin and Ben. Gibbs is also a part-time musician, decent cook, and (to the dismay of his wife) a diehard fan of the Georgia Bulldogs and Atlanta Braves.
About Sowell Gray Robinson
After 20 years of practice, Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, is proud to merge with the century-old Robinson McFadden & Moore, PC. We are now Sowell Gray Robinson Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, a South Carolina law firm that offers a tailored, hands-on approach, focusing on Litigation + Business.
- Jasmine Smith receives President’s Award from South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division
- Gone, But (Hopefully) Not Forgotten: Rule 1.9(a) and an Attorney’s Duty to a Former Client
- Notice Of Appeal: Now What? Tips for Your First Time in a South Carolina Appellate Court
- Twelve Sowell Gray Robinson Lawyers Recognized as 2017 South Carolina Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Sowell Gray Robinson attorney Ben Gooding elected to South Carolina Wildlife Federation Board of Directors
- Sowell Gray Robinson Attorney Beth Richardson Named Honoree for Leadership in Law Awards
- Sowell Gray Robinson and Members Recognized in 2017 Edition of Chambers USA
- Sowell Gray Robinson Joins Meritas, a Global Alliance of Independent Business Law Firms