Earlier this summer, the United States Supreme Court agreed to hear Gill v. Whitford, a challenge to the Wisconsin legislative redistricting plans. A divided three-judge panel held the Wisconsin plan was a result of partisan gerrymandering which was a violation of the Constitution’s 1st amendment. The Supreme Court has not ruled on a partisan gerrymandering […]
Sowell Gray member Betsy Gray has been elected chair of the Board of Trustees for the Still Hopes Episcopal Retirement Community.
COLUMBIA, S.C. – Sowell Gray Robinson Stepp & Laffitte, LLC is pleased to announce member Betsy Gray has been elected chair of the Board of Trustees for the Still Hopes Episcopal Retirement Community. Gray is a practicing attorney and past president of the South Carolina Bar. She has been recognized by many groups for her […]
COLUMBIA – Sowell Gray Robinson Stepp & Laffitte, LLC is pleased to announce that attorney Meredith Ross has joined the firm as a new attorney. Meredith graduated from the University of South Carolina (USC) Honors College in 2010 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science. She earned a master’s degree in elementary education from […]
The Supreme Court continues to jump head-first into the world of redistricting. On June 19, 2017, the Court agreed to hear an appeal by the State of Wisconsin to the three-judge district court panel ruling which threw out the state’s legislative districts drawn after the 2010 census. A divided three-judge panel held the Wisconsin plan […]
The 2017 edition of the highly-regarded Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, a directory of top lawyers and law firms, has ranked Sowell Gray Robinson Stepp & Lafitte, LLC among the nation’s best in general litigation. Sowell Gray Robinson was named to Chambers USA’s “Band 1” listing in the category of general litigation. […]
- Partisan Gerrymandering – Analysis of Politically Drafted Plan Takes Center Stage
- Sowell Gray member Betsy Gray has been elected chair of the Board of Trustees for the Still Hopes Episcopal Retirement Community.
- Sowell Gray Robinson welcomes Meredith Ross as a new associate
- Chambers USA Names Sowell Gray Robinson Band 1 In 2017 Directory
- Jasmine Smith receives President’s Award from South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division
- Gone, But (Hopefully) Not Forgotten: Rule 1.9(a) and an Attorney’s Duty to a Former Client
- Notice Of Appeal: Now What? Tips for Your First Time in a South Carolina Appellate Court
- Twelve Sowell Gray Robinson Lawyers Recognized as 2017 South Carolina Super Lawyers and Rising Stars