By Bess DuRant South Carolina has a serious domestic violence problem. 36,000 incidents of domestic violence occur in South Carolina every year. Doug Pardue, Glenn Smith, Jennifer Barry Hawes, & Natalie Caula Hauff, Till Death Do Us Part, The Post and Courier, available at http://www.postandcourier.com/tilldeath/partone.html. Moreover, several of those incidents resulted in the woman’s death, […]
Our Sowell Gray family adopted two families to help this year for Christmas through The Palmetto Project, Families Helping Families. With the generous donations of our staff and attorneys, we are able to donate all of these presents to the families!
By Nick Haigler Leadership Columbia (LC) Class of 2015, comprised of 60 existing and emerging leaders with the Columbia area, kicked off their year in August with orientation at Edventure and in September with a class retreat at Camp Kinard in Batesburg. From these incredible experiences, the class has chosen and developed their class project, […]
COLUMBIA, SC – Rob Tyson, member of Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte, LLC, has been certified by the South Carolina Supreme Court’s Board of Arbitrator and Mediator Certification as a Circuit Court mediator. This certification allows Tyson to serve as a neutral and impartial communicator between parties to encourage and facilitate resolution of a dispute. […]
As Veterans Day approaches, we salute our military’s role in preserving the freedoms we sometimes take for granted. Every day members of our nation’s military serve on the front lines, risking their lives to protect the freedoms and democracy we enjoy. The South Carolina legal community is proud to serve and assist our veterans who […]
- Partisan Gerrymandering – Analysis of Politically Drafted Plan Takes Center Stage
- Sowell Gray member Betsy Gray has been elected chair of the Board of Trustees for the Still Hopes Episcopal Retirement Community.
- Sowell Gray Robinson welcomes Meredith Ross as a new associate
- Chambers USA Names Sowell Gray Robinson Band 1 In 2017 Directory
- Jasmine Smith receives President’s Award from South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division
- Gone, But (Hopefully) Not Forgotten: Rule 1.9(a) and an Attorney’s Duty to a Former Client
- Notice Of Appeal: Now What? Tips for Your First Time in a South Carolina Appellate Court
- Twelve Sowell Gray Robinson Lawyers Recognized as 2017 South Carolina Super Lawyers and Rising Stars