Amy Hill appointed to chair South Carolina Bar committee
COLUMBIA, SC – Amy L.B. Hill, of counsel with Sowell, Gray Stepp & Laffitte, has been appointed chair of the South Carolina Bar Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee.
The committee fields complaints from people who suspect that someone has practiced law without a license and coordinates with state authorities in taking appropriate action. Unauthorized practice of law is prohibited to protect the public from the consequences of inaccurate legal advice and the erroneous preparation of legal documents.
Hill is a graduate of Clemson University and the University of South Carolina School of Law. She’s held a number of other Bar leadership positions, including serving on the Ethics Advisory Committee from 2006-08. She is currently a member of the South Carolina Bar Professional Responsibility Committee and of the Richland County Bar Executive Committee.
Hill’s practice at Sowell Gray focuses on professional liability and ethics; probate and estate litigation; commercial litigation and business dispute resolution; and appellate advocacy.
About Sowell Gray
Located in Columbia’s historic Vista district, Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte LLC provides business and litigation representation in all state and federal trial and appellate courts in South Carolina. Founded in 1996, the firm serves clients ranging from multi-national corporations to small businesses and individuals. For more information, please visit sowellgray.com.
- Giving back to children in need
- Tina Cundari named a 2016 Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year by the South Carolina Bar
- Join Alexis Lindsay in helping Dress For Success Columbia
- Two from Sowell Gray recognized as 2016 Rising Stars
- Seven members of Sowell Gray selected to 2016 Super Lawyers list
- Giving back to my hometown
- Sowell Gray member Biff Sowell honored at Leadership in Law Awards
- Helping Sistercare