Amy Hill appointed to chair South Carolina Bar committee
COLUMBIA, SC – Amy L.B. Hill, of counsel with Sowell, Gray Stepp & Laffitte, has been appointed chair of the South Carolina Bar Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee.
The committee fields complaints from people who suspect that someone has practiced law without a license and coordinates with state authorities in taking appropriate action. Unauthorized practice of law is prohibited to protect the public from the consequences of inaccurate legal advice and the erroneous preparation of legal documents.
Hill is a graduate of Clemson University and the University of South Carolina School of Law. She’s held a number of other Bar leadership positions, including serving on the Ethics Advisory Committee from 2006-08. She is currently a member of the South Carolina Bar Professional Responsibility Committee and of the Richland County Bar Executive Committee.
Hill’s practice at Sowell Gray focuses on professional liability and ethics; probate and estate litigation; commercial litigation and business dispute resolution; and appellate advocacy.
About Sowell Gray
Located in Columbia’s historic Vista district, Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte LLC provides business and litigation representation in all state and federal trial and appellate courts in South Carolina. Founded in 1996, the firm serves clients ranging from multi-national corporations to small businesses and individuals. For more information, please visit sowellgray.com.
- Join Tina in helping Sistercare
- Gray honored with National Conference of Bar Presidents 2016 Fellows Award
- Eve Goodstein named to Kids’ Chance of SC Board of Directors
- Ask-A-Lawyer event
- Giving Back to the SC Philharmonic
- Sowell Gray law firm celebrates 20th year with yearlong community service
- Sowell Gray named top litigation firm; 5 members included in 2015 Super Lawyers Business Edition
- Sowell Gray included in 2016 edition of Best Law Firms