Sowell Gray members recognized in new edition of Best Lawyers
COLUMBIA, SC – Seven members from Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte have been chosen for the 2012 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, an honor that recognizes them as among the top in their field.
The Sowell Gray attorneys were highlighted in eight different categories.
- Grady L. Beard, Workers’ Compensation Law, Employers
- Elizabeth Van Doren Gray, “Bet the Company” Litigation and Commercial Litigation
- Rebecca Laffitte, Personal injury Litigation, Defendants; Insurance Law; Construction Litigation; and Product Liability Litigation, Defendants
- Thornwell F. Sowell, “Bet the Company” Litigation and Commercial Litigation
- Robert E. Stepp, Commercial Litigation
- Monteith P. Todd, Personal Injury Litigation, Defendants
- J. Calhoun Watson, “Bet the Company” Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Professional Malpractice, Defendants
The directory, used by thousands of lawyers and corporations, is widely regarded as the preeminent referral guide to the legal profession in the United States. Compiled after a survey of 3.9 million confidential evaluations by the top attorneys in the country, the guide is advertisement-free and no fee is required to be included.
“We’re very pleased that our peers have again recognized the efforts the attorneys at Sowell Gray make to serve our clients on a daily basis,” managing partner Cal Watson said. “It’s gratifying that all of our members have been selected for the guide, particularly when you consider that we were recognized in such a variety of practice areas.”
Best Law Firms in America, a companion publication to Best Lawyers, is scheduled for release in the fall. Last year, Sowell Gray was included in Best Law Firms in addition to the individual recognition its attorneys earned in Best Lawyers.
About Sowell Gray
Located in Columbia’s historic Vista district, Sowell Gray Stepp & Laffitte LLC provides business and litigation representation in all state and federal trial and appellate courts in South Carolina. Founded in 1996, the firm serves clients ranging from multi-national corporations to small businesses and individuals. For more information, please visit sowellgray.com.
- Compensation for Injuries Sustained for Unexplained Falls Arising in the Course and Scope of Employment
- Hill: It Takes a Village to Raise a Lawyer
- Domestic Violence in South Carolina and Our Efforts to Curb It
- Families Helping Families
- A Perspective from the Chair of Leadership Columbia
- Tyson certified as Circuit Court mediator
- Watson: Lawyers proudly work to assist military veterans
- Richland County Bar Association Past Presidents Reception